- What are the required documents for entry into the national phase?
- Is a Power of Attorney required for the PCT national phase entries?
- What is the applicable time limit for the PCT national phase entry in Turkey?
- What are the translation requirements for PCT national phase entries?
- What is the time limit for submitting the translation?
- Is there a possibility of extending the deadlines for entry into the national phase?
- Is translation correction permitted?
- Is an accelerated examination available in Turkey?
Following documents are required for entry into the national phase:
- complete specification with description, claims, drawings (if any), and abstract;
- request to grant a patent;
- name and address of the applicant(s);
- payment receipt of the official fee.
No, a POA is not required for the PCT national phase entries.
The applicable time limit for entry into the national phase is 30 months from the filing or priority date and can be extended by 3 months if the applicant pays the fee for requesting an extension of time for entry into the national phase.
The complete specification, i.e., description, claims, (if amended, as amended only) drawings, and abstract should be translated into Turkish.
The translation into Turkish should be submitted within 2 months from entering the national phase.
Yes, it is also possible to enter the national phase after the 33rd month from the filing or priority date by filing a request for reinstatement of rights by paying the prescribed fees under the condition that the failure to meet the time limit was unintentional. The request should be submitted within 2 months from the removal of the cause of the failure or within 12 months from the expiration of the applicable time limit.
Yes, Turkish translation can be corrected with reference to the text of the international application as filed.
Yes, an acceleration request can be made for patent applications filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty.